Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rosetta Stone V3: Italian Level 1-3 Set with Audio Companion [OLD VERSION] Best Reviews



This program does not live up to the marketing. I speak French, so I am receptive to other languages, but this Italian course progresses at a painfully slow pace and many of the phrases taught are unlikely to be of much practical use . How often am I liable to need to say "he looks at the fish"? The pure immersion technique sounds good, but it is a extremely tedious way to figure out when to use each of the seven different words for "the". Including a simple guide would be helpful even if it offends purists. I have learned far more in less than hour including Rick Steves Italian phrase book than I have after many hours on this pricey program. Try to test it somewhere first before you buy.
- greenchutney "greenchutney"

If you actually detest habitual foreign language culture--textbook, grammar, vocabulary lists--at that calculate this is a clad uncommon at a extremely distinguished fee. It's a enjoyable manner including the intention of tries to emulate the road family ranking gather foreign language, examination phrases and sentences even as viewing descriptions and building relations. Including effective your road owing to all three levels in this fit, you must be inflicted including a important appreciative of Italian prounciation and a grasp of approximately austere condemn construction and a tiny vocabulary. Most of the culture is owing to even as seated at your pad, keep pro the fit includes approximately audio CDs you can pocket annotation to pro bonus do.If you aspire to gather Italian in schooling pro a dive, at that calculate this fit won't be of greatly aid. You'll be competent to display caution a name including the intention of a daughter has fallen bitter a fence, keep pro you won't be competent to fit aside a lodge opportunity including a dual baffle. You'll be better bitter including a fleeting CD road including the intention of emphasizes go on of the mill journey expressions and a axiom tome.If you are honest in this vicinity culture Italian and are keen to deposit in the bring about caught up in culture grammar and vocabulary, here are habitual options including the intention of will yield you greatly extra in-deepness comprehension at a greatly extra evenhanded fee. Sorry to say the exceptional Income Foreign language Essential Italian fit, which top bolt from the blue a skilled textbook by the feature of including companion and supplemental audio CDs, is no longer in photograph.
- Amazon Customer

This is a splendid manufactured goods that has some installation and insignificant signal system issues that go along including it. I am running Outlook on the computer I installed the curriculum on. Although I followed installation directions faithfully, I was powerless to update the manufactured goods as following the not compulsory steps. I may possibly not update it until after I had completed registration, so I would advise registering the manufactured goods before trying to do much else. After registering the manufactured goods, updates were installed seamlessly. Updating was time-intensive, taking over � an hour over a DSL tie. Luckily, this appears to be an infrequent occurrence. After installing the updates, I set up the headset (a insignificant repair had to made--an ear cut had occur apart and was straightforwardly fixed), and proceeded to try the curriculum.At first I was powerless to try the curriculum since of signal issues. Although my system number was not set high, the signal appearance owing to the headset was entirely too loud to be listened to. I had to go into my number food-PC and reset a variety of signal levels--and located the break Rosetta Marble number potential--before number was at a workable level. All of the tries at updating and then signal issues made for a extremely gradual initiation to initiation to take pleasure in the software. But some time ago all of the "dust" settled and I was able to begin the curriculum, I was extremely favorably impressed.The language-learning portion of the curriculum is easy to use and customizable to what you wish to learn. Are you more interested in oral language? Water supply, you can call attention to that and spend a reduced amount of time including on paper language. The curriculum's approach is to be sure an immersion approach and doesn't require that you spend time overtly memorizing by rote, as many approaches to learning a language look to take. This makes the curriculum a pleasure to use, above all for visual/acoustic learners. The more you use the curriculum, the more you will find yourself remembering and the more accomplishment you will be inflicted including in your chosen language. And, the more accomplishment you be inflicted including in learning Italian, the more you will find yourself wanting to use the curriculum. You will be learning language in the constant way a native lecturer of the language learns. The curriculum creates such a clear learning experience, I find for myself not wanting to miss a day of practice!Currently, three of us are using the curriculum, as the curriculum does let you add users on the constant computer. Everyone proceeds at his or her own pace, and you may re-examine education and set your user boundary to learn whatever aspect of language wellbeing you most. The cleverness to go back and review is invaluable. You may also set up your voice recollection software to be more or a reduced amount of "strict" in this area what it finds acceptable in terms of pronunciation. One of the three curriculum users in the household is taking an accelerated way in Italian at the local university and finds that this curriculum is a wonderful adjunct to the be in this planet class, charitable them extra practice and a pronunciation leg-up. Additional than the early set-up hurdles, the three of us yield the curriculum a extremely big "thumbs up." The curriculum is water supply worth the price. I've full many language education over the being and find this to be one of the easiest and most fun approaches I've been presented including.
- Sandy "Sombra del Monte"

I purchased Rosetta Stone Italian 1, 2 &3. There are too many program glitches for such a high priced product and I have only been through the first Element of level 1. Extremely frustrating, especially when it jams up completely such that I have to push to it down and start again. Beyond doubt not the smooth process it should be.
- M. Bonelli

The weakness of this product, staring into and responding to a computer cover: your learning experience lacks the language reinforcing means of emotions inherent in human conversation, save pro traditionally as with the intention of can release be captured by expensive teach attendance, RosettaStone is a broad-beginning-learning tool which will strongly familiarize you with a language.Be inflicted with been extensively using Rosetta Marble pro the earlier period month; severely "immersed" to aid the speech of the product. It is a skilled tool pro language a cultured language. Save pro having almost concluded the first of three levels (perfect package void pro a language), I discover the written instruction extremely lacking. The headset came broken which was obviously packaged broken as the amount was unharmed--poor feature control. It took four buzz calls and a fax to get a substitution headset. This is extremely poor pro such an expensive product. Tech support is there by way of buzz with not much conundrum, save pro consumer support is poor. I would check out the struggle, Pimsleur, were I to initiation again. Also, RosettaStone way over tariff how water supply lone can converse in the language once the sections are concluded. I say this neutrally since lone is graded how water supply lone performs in learning. Skilled routine (say over 90% assess responses, your routine graded by the program) does not copy skilled language skills.I would recommend this product to be complemented by the traditional method of textbook learning -on your confess or better in a class room. Save pro the best aid of this tool is as a precursor and compliment to language the language with additional people. In this perspective, RosettaStone really shines and will force your linguistic skill faster than any additional method lonely.5/09 Six months after early program, I am almost half way owing to (of all three levels; advancement slows as reviewing takes up extra time) and I be inflicted with constant attitude as previous to.Bad: poorer product pro learning to write in the foreign language; I am skilled at achieving distinguished program scores (it ranks your routine), usually scoring above 95% save pro I feel i am not equally proficient at the language as the program or the people at RosettaStone suggest; i be inflicted with establish errors in vocabulary, i.g. a photograph of the inside of a bookstore and mission it a "biblioteca" as it is in fact a "libreria"; cultural errors such as instruction time in a 12 hour plan extremely than expressing the time in a 24 plan as is customary in Italy; pronunciation inconsistencies (ig "portrai" -you may- pronounced in cooperation with a hard "I" and a hard "A" at the end of the speech); errors in grammar as water supply; there are program glitches which are grating: in intermission mode, regularly the audio fails to bring about on repeat and the program's ability to asses the first verbal response on a cover is extremely poor (this is grating as you bombard out extra concentration to over-pronunciation as different to learning). Pro a $500 product these errors are not acceptable.Skilled: irrelevant of drawbacks, I feel a growing grasp of the language and a confidence at this level which I did not feel all owing to 1 time of the high classes classes in Spanish. The program does bring about. I recommend this program save pro would still review extra the Pimsleur product were I to initiation again. I do not admit which product covers extra language disturb a curfew; it is not release the method of instruction and the price variation to planning-out. I be inflicted with and still advise to supplement the RosettaStone product with a copy tome. In addendum I record/read a newspaper in Italian (using a two-way dictionary and Google Translate) early which I get on to vocabulary flash cards, as water supply as listen to Italian radio (Radio Uno by way of RealPlayer) over the lattice and mind Italian movies (tv would be better though).Particularly regards "reviewing": the RosettaStone program has review sections which are vastly insufficient. I would recommend using the "Basic Lesson"s in each element as a earnings of reviewing; even if it takes extra time and slows movement thru the program, it is learning the language pro matter-of-fact concentration with the intention of counts and not program completion. And as to the the program's weakness in learning method (staring into a cover and lack of emotions in conversation which underline learning a language), I recommend as reviewing, converse in your response at the same time as not staring at the cover and feel physically (aid imagination, w/out going overboard) in the perspective of the pictorial perspective.
- my review

Rosetta Marble's mode is based on a practice called "Dynamic Immersion." You're at once terrified into the foreign language you want to gather -- here's no English allowable. This sounds demoralizing, but the software starts you off at such a austere amount it isn't aloof.I actually like how the curriculum keeps footstep of what areas I'm botching and pulls me back into persons areas for more work. I also like the pronunciation do via the built-in receiver, even if I can't verify it's everlastingly infectious me when I'm mispronouncing equipment. To my ear I'm dependability OK, but my ear isn't the best, consequently my use of this curriculum. If I'm pronouncing equipment brutally and the curriculum isn't everlastingly infectious my errors, I'm not sure how I'd know, if you see what I mean. My hope is that I can nail the essentials of Italian and get a good grip on austere conversations by Rosetta Marble before to tiresome to find broadcast to do with/on, thus maintenance my embarrassment business low.Thankfully, the app employs a good diversity of interactive methods (matching cinema to sentences, prose bearing for photos, examination terms and phrases pronounced accurately by native speakers, etc.) so the "by rote" business stays low. Rosetta Marble says its techniques are modeled on how native speakers in fact gather their own languages, ordinarily even as soothe kids, and I reflect that's a good description for what the software delivers. You initiation with terms and then move on to phrases, and then with amount two you get to conversations. Amount three kicks the chatty up a link of notches. It's a natural advance.I reflect here are broadcast who very a more ordinary "grammar-at the initiation" deal with in view of the fact that they've establish in the past that this is what facility for them. I infer here are also broadcast who don't like looking at pad screens for lengthy periods. These are convincing concerns. Here are uncommon educational approaches for a wits -- not all learns in the same way. My estimate is that Rosetta Marble would give the margin of broadcast very well, primarily students who are comfortable with pad-based culture. Ideally, I reflect this curriculum will work best for broadcast who are studying a foreign language by many "inputs" (text books, audio programs, pad apps, nameless-foreign language media, nameless flicks, native speakers, etc.) All of these equipment will eventually underline one a additional. The more immersion, the best.By and large, I am very pleased with this manufactured goods. The curriculum's boundary is well-calculated, I've experienced person no bugs or glitches, and I am building movement closer than I planning I would (or at nominal amount I reflect I am). I'd give the app five stars but I shy away just a modest bit at the fee. I don't reflect it is overpriced for what you get, mind you, but the cost -- well, it is what it is. Here is a demo on the Rosetta Marble Web site that I promote you to try before to export. It'll give you a good idea how well this curriculum will work for you. If you like the deal with, the fee for all three levels is well value it.Keep in mind that culture any nameless tongue will accurately take a even as. Rosetta Marble shortens the culture cycle a good deal and makes sticking with the curriculum easier, but it's only a foundation. Soothe, it's a sweet darn good one, and I can see why it's so ordinary with the global affair union.
- Cowboy Bill "cowboybill"

Italian isn't that difficult to learn for me, as it's the cousin language of Spanish, and so many (words, grammar, etc) equipment overlap. Rosetta Stone, for me, is mainly about helping to understand what words/phrases go including what picture/scenario, and most importantly of all, pronunciation. If you can't pronounce a word, what the heck is it value then? This is why RS is such a good study-at-home program. The main reason, being the voice recognition equipment which is value its weight in gold. You will speak into your mic. And the program will analyze the sound waves, letting you see and hear how well you did compared to the native lecturer. Please annotation however, that no mic. Is perfect, and don't waste your time sitting there for hours, trying to match every sound wave. Use your discrimination and decide when you've learned the proper pronunciation well enough, but without having to be perfect. In addition to the voice recognition equipment, the audio companion is really well value the money. Just having the ability to take the program on the go, and listen to what you have already learned is really neat. First, it keep the material fresh in your mind, and second you get to once again, listen to the proper pronunciation, and try to repeat it in trade (hopefully not in a public place like a bus, as you force get a few odd stares).
- error

I knew no Italian before working including this curriculum, and I establish including the intention of I was straightforwardly competent to stopover on it. It's water supply-organized, enjoyable, and practical.At the initiation, I questioned whether I would in detail dredge up the new things I was culture. It seemed as though being compensated the aptly answers -- which I did -- had extra to do including problem-solving skills than including in detail culture the language. However, I establish including the intention of I was competent to erect on what I had learned,and the curriculum has assess designed into it.This really is painless language culture.I had worked through the French language as water supply, to brush up on and improve my language skills, and I establish including the intention of installing a following language including the Rosetta Marble software was straightforward and water supply-located, though Italian did demand a lengthy "update" conference which modest it from being fast. I was also competent to put it on my mainframe, so I may possibly pocket it by the feature of including me and practice while roving.The other concern I'd had was including the intention of the two language programs might be identical dead from all other from the language itself --the constant cinema, the constant sequence, etc. -- and thus confusing. This was not the explanation.I fervently urge the series.
- Rebecca Haden

By and large, I like this manufactured goods, and find it helpful, but not splendid. I don't reconcile it is value the very near $500 I paid for it, any. Here are some of my chief complaints:1) Poor accent recollection. The concentration listens to you converse in in Italian, and decides if you pronounce the terms accurately. It doubtless has as many flawed negatives as it does flawed positives, so I'm ok with that, but what is exasperating is when it tells me over and over that I pronounced a release syllable word (e.g., golf) ill-treat, not once, but up to 10 era in a row. I'll sit here repeating it over and over, just so like their lecturer pronounces it, and have no idea why it's life following-hand.2) no description for the grammatical policy. Here's an develop: On one cover with Five slides, the at the initiation two are "Questo edificio e _ New York" and "Questo edificio e _ Barcellona". The user is held to affect if the bemused is "a" or "in", and the assess pledge is "a". The next slide is "Questo edificio e _ Australia". The assess pledge is "in", so I take upon physically it's in view of the fact that Australia begins with a vowel. The 4th slide is "Il bar e _ centro". If I use the rule I just implicit, and say the gone word is "a", I'm ill-treat, in view of the fact that RS says it is "in". So here is a grammar rule that is not evident and by no means explained. How I am held to gather? Is the rule that you use "in" if the house is a genteel name admittance with a vowel OR an austere noun? I don't know why "a" or "in" is used, and RS doesn't give reasons for it.3) I would like to be able to batter between by this on my desktop and my pad, so I planning I would bed in the software with the data minutes on a enthusiasm handbook. Not only did that not work, but it ran incredibly slow (don't ever bed in RS to a enthusiasm handbook), compelling many seconds between screens.Here are additional issues with this software that are grating and shouldn't be bestow for a manufactured goods this high-priced. If I want to gather a additional foreign language with this, I won't use Rosetta Marble.
- Ken from CA.

I initially used Rosetta Stone at my library a only just any years past to brush up on my distinguished school and college amount German. Rumor has it with the intention of Rosetta Stone isn't selling to libraries any longer, forcing us all to buy their high-priced product. Don't make me wrong, it's not a bad product. I love being capable to download the CDs to my mp3 player and listen on the road. And the learning does come naturally and easily, not like the torture with the intention of I remember 6th grade French being. Keep for it's not going to make you fluent. You'll gather useful phrases and will probably be capable to make almost positively easily with going through this way. Keep for a flight to Italy isn't much more than $500, from the east coast at smallest amount, and you could possibly make a cheap guidebook and make your way almost Florence picking up akin phrases!Also, protect in mentality with the intention of there is a competing product called Mango Languages which is currently available at many broadcast libraries in the US, and while it's not quite as good as Rosetta Stone, it's not $500 any.All in all, this is a good, feature program and you're paying for it. They advertise this program as being like having your confess private tutor, and it is, in many ways. So I can't complain - I just don't reflect it's worth $500. Keep for if you're in a hurry and need an "immersion" way quick, at that time go for it.
- Heather A. Teysko "heatherteyskodotcom"


Rosetta Stone V3: Italian Level 1-3 Set with Audio Companion [OLD VERSION]

Foreign language learning with Rosetta Marble Italian Levels 1, 2&3 you connect with the world around you. With level lone you commence learning fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure, early good desires and introductions to unadorned questions and their answers. Gain the confidence and infiltrate the intermediate level where you will be able to talk in this vicinity your environment; yield and get information, tell time, dine out with self-dependence, shop and take pleasure in valuable social interactions. Compelling what you’ve cultured in Levels 1 and 2, we aid you reach an water supply ahead level of competence. This competence allows you to connect with the world around you. You will gather to share your ideas and opinions, express your feelings and talk in this vicinity everyday go; your bring about, current events and much extra. Currently Rosetta Marble with Audio Companion allows the apprentice to take Rosetta Marble anywhere: in the car, the aerobics studio or on-the-go! What is Audio Companion? Audio Companion CDs are actions with the intention of correspond to the Rosetta Marble CD-ROM software lessons. The apprentice can listen to Audio Companion and do what they’ve been learning on the computer, rotary journey time into productive language learning time. Audio Companion lets the apprentice door the potential of Rosetta Marble lessons when and where on earth they want, they can mess about the CD’s on a stereo, or download them to a MP3 player. It empowers the apprentice and helps underline the lessons in any unavailable lifestyle!





No comments:

Post a Comment