Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe [OLD VERSION] Shopper Reviews



I had been by Cash 2003 and unbendable to upgrade. Here wasn't any critical call for, but upgrading approximately calculate ago each four being isn't bad. I was in tension here were approximately noteworthy bonus facial appearance or enhancement. I've been by it for approx a month and it doesn't boost including the intention of here were any.- They did allocate customization of your family leaf, but it release allocate 2 columns.- I didn't in cooperation by the new fiscal proclamation tool as I aspire to footstep extra than only the essentials.One extremely grating business:As I uninstalled Cash 2003, it ruined my Cash 2007 installation. Cash 2007 complained including the intention of it couldn't discover its registration. I had to uninstall Cash 2007 and at that calculate reinstall it ended again.Annotation to Microsoft: Uninstalling one concentration must NEVER break a additional concentration. Delight pocket out this proprietary Microsoft "map."
- MarkyMark

I am a weathered addict of "Microsoft Money" in view of the fact that 2001 and used Money-2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007 versions. On the subject of convenience and integration of multiple financial activities, Money (and for that matter flush Quicken) does a fantastic job.However, including 4-5 years of treatment of 'Money', my money file has grown to near 19MB. Due to the large file mass, I am being paid pathetic routine which is quite annoying. I be inflicted including a laptop including 2.4GHz dual core CPU and 1GB RAM, however very basic activity such as looking at monthly report, budget report etc. takes 2-3 summary to spectacle on the screen ! Flush if I go back over, it once again hangs for 2-4 summary. I will be lucky if I could get 'any' operation finished faster then 5 seconds/transaction. The problem isn't including point version but the way Money is designed to pile its information. There were some discussion on improving routine by using money data on Database but Microsoft chose not to invest money on any such design change.A further annoying thing I observed including Microsoft Money is including every newer release one will get fancier but more BUGGY software. So far I found '2004' release best in the bunch but once you upgrade the version and make new entries it is not feasible to go in trade to before version.Let me give you an model that will explain the problem. Most ordinary activity a addict will be inflicted including is it to download data from financial institutes. Money will connect to these institutes and get the data. It will turn in trade in 2-3 summary including newer data and shows status 'done'. On the "Account List" you will see, for model, 5 new transaction and when you inside this account, there is no new transaction listed ! Reason is, though you got 'done' status data hasn't finished downloading. After 2-3 summary you will get the data in the account. When you see the transactions, you won't be capable to 'accept' them as it is waiting on 'something'! In short, after being paid data downloaded from the institute, you won't be capable to 'accept' them for near 3-4 summary. I am surprised to find that Microsoft is selling software w/o testing such basic functionality !NOTE:I noticed above mentioned bug single in 2007 release.I wish to be inflicted including a better software for my need w/o bringing up the rear existing data but Microsoft hasn't offered better (not just newer) version yet. Quicken seems to be inflicted including similar issues. Quicken doesn't allow any migration facility to use existing Money records below their software. Once again, I can just wish that Microsoft Money 2008 comes including privileged routine and basic testing.If you are a at the start time addict, prefer to compare in cooperation Money and Quicken for yourself before locking your data including one of the them. Including 'Money', once your file grows better, routine deteriorate significantly.One last top-- flush including above limitations, I am better off using this software then not having it at all. At this time I jotted down major limitations of Money; Microsoft does skilled job of marketing skilled points so I won't spare much time on that.
- . "Ujjval"

Microsoft has just launched the 2007 version of their Money product. Money 2007 (M2007) Deluxe has been available as a trial version on Microsoft's website even a week before the official version was available in Retail Stores. I strongly advise everyone considering a hold or an upgrade to take advantage of this Trial version, before buying the product. It is good for 90 days and has only just any limitations.I have been by Money 2006 (M2006) Premium which is in effect the same as M2006 Deluxe, execept for some unique offers. I installed M2007 and told it, NOT to remove my M2006 installation. In view of the fact with the intention of M2007 upgrades the figures file to a new plan with the intention of is incompatible with before versions of money, I made a imitation of my figures file to be used with M2007, so I could possibly still access my figures through both versions. When I started M2007 for the initially time and selected the newly made imitation of my figures file, M2007 converted this file to its new plan without any problems and saved a imitation in M2006 backing file plan.By and large M2006 and M2007 are extremly akin. Looking at the rank of things I use Money for, there is NO difference whatsoever. They both have the same minor shortcomings/bugs and their actions is indistinguishable from one another. I do not download online statements, so I cannot display, if with the intention of vicinity has been improved. Also M2007 has a new rank of "Spending and Savings budget" feature, which is the only noticable change compared to M2006.All things considered, M2007 does not add much (if any) value ended M2006, so I will only yield it 3 stars. If you haven't upgraded in a while, consider M2007, in view of the fact with the intention of it seems at smallest amount to be stable (which couldn't be said, i.e. for M2005). If you haven't used Money before, at that time M2007 seems like a good version to initiation. Keep for don't forget to try before you buy! Go to Microsoft's website and quest for the Money Trial version.
- tangofan

As many of the other reviewers have mentioned, there are not a ton of new facial appearance in Money 2007. Even if, as a user of Money 2002 and Get faster 2006, there are numerous upgrades over M02, and I am very pleased with M07. Having used M02 for about 3-4 years, I unbendable to upgrade so that I could take advantage of the online banking/statements facial appearance existing for the newer programs. With all and all referring to Get faster while language of financial software (much the way broadcast refer to a "Kleenex" for bandanna), I figured that I would give it a shot with Get faster 2006. Having spent the last 8 months or so using Q06, it had some good things about it, and some grating things (the budget isn't very workable, no reallocation between budget items so if you go over in one, you can't "use" from another item to weigh your budget. The investment updates aren't as complete as with M07, any. These are just a few.) Deciding that I would see what was available on the Money front, I exposed the M07 Trial translation on Microsofts website. After loading it onto my logic and painlessly converting my Get faster file over (which was FAR simpler than getting my M02 file converted to Q06), I began to fine tune the program. Needlessly to say, having spent 8 months using Q06, I felt like I was "home" again with M07. It still has some quirks in the program (still can't map out how to use the savings goal map in the budget,the debt reduction conspirator isn't as controllable as I'd like, the cash flow forcast has more assumptions than I would, but these level off over time, etc.), but these facial appearance work fine for my money management. Rest balanced, when my trial cycle is over, I WILL be purchasing the full program.
- Honest Reviewer

I bought this manufactured goods with high hopes. Had an before translation 2001 which worked fine apart from Dependability would not help downloads to old msmoney and so the batter. At the initiation my old Cash minutes were preserved but downloads may maybe not converse with the grown-up translation. So with the help of Customer help, renamed the old minutes and downloaded first downloads from Dependability..but this was only a one time consequence. The next time i.e. now, I tried to bring up to date my minutes..and a download blunder not permitted me over again and over again. Then I called Customer benefit, and was collectively to a name in Bangalore, India..I gave them my Case digit which was soothe open, and they collectively me to the router department. The man was apologetic and said he was going to join me to the aptly department. Not anything happened for next 10 summary, so I hung up and called over again. This time over again I was collectively to a name in Bangalore, India, who redirected me to some tape..I over again waited 10 summary and called over again. This administer continual 4 era and I atrophied over an hour on buzz, with zilch consequences and lot of frustration.My information to one and all..KEEP AWAY FROM THIS JUNK.AT LEAST THIS PRODUCT FROM MICROSOFT, STINKS, STINKS & STIKS.G.SharmaMichigan, USA
- Gopal K. Sharma

I had Money 2005 and bought this update. I was disappointed to find that there were no significant changes any in the interface or features (at least the ones I use). This may really be saying that this genre of software has fully matured and has no major direction to go in improving from before versions, kind of be fond of MS Office applications.If you be inflicted including a before version of Money (2005 or 06), I would suggest not wasting your money and staying including what you be inflicted including. Otherwise, I highly recommend Money for new users. It is very useful and provides the de rigueur tools to be inflicted including an organized financial system and plan.
- Thomas C. Milner "tmilner"

If you be inflicted including Outlook installed, don't scare export Cash 2007. As you taste to conspire in including your Windows ID (vital to get on to layer and confidence ticket downloads), you get on to an blunder adage including the intention of your password wasn't recognizable. Microsoft realizes this is a conundrum and if you go to their online aid crucial top, they be inflicted including a manipulate pro it. In detail 11 uncommon fixes. You initiation including Manner 1, go owing to all the vital steps, at that calculate taste Cash. If Cash still doesn't conspire on to Windows ID, at that calculate go to Manner 2 and on and on and on in anticipation of you get on to to Manner 11. This takes numerous un-installs, numerous extra installs, bags of searches pro obscure minutes including the intention of you call for to rub made known, and bags of restarts. You will dissipate hours of your calculate tiresome to install a pad curriculum. Including Manner 11, I still couldn't conspire in (save pro my installation on my Windows XP pad facility fine). Microsoft Cash 2007 including Outlook is a dissipate of time items. deposit on't dissipate your calculate or cash in anticipation of they can occur up including a manipulate.
- Mark Atler "matler2"

I have been a Microsoft Money user for many, many years. (Vacant back to Money '98? I forget.) I reluctantly upgraded to Money 2007 Premium earlier this year from Money 2004 when I read somewhere that Money 2004 was no longer vacant to be supported. (I also read that Money 2005, Money 2006, and Money 2007 had issues. Therefore my reluctance to upgrade.)For years, I have sync'ed Money with my online financial statement on nearly a day after day footing. I'm that kind of focused on keeping my eye on my money, and Money has historically served me very well in this habit. Money 2007 does not.Since installing it, I have:1) Battled with my former bank for nearly two months to get them to map out by Money 2007 does not synchronize with their systems.2) Installed and reinstalled Money 2007 on several different workstations to test the synchronization come forth with my years-old Money file and new, empty Money files. Always fails.3) Now I have *switched banks* thinking the syncing come forth was my bank's flaw. It wasn't. It's Microsoft Money's flaw.Syncing fails *every* time with a caring OBRES 22063 blunder. Oh, yea, thatone! We all know just what that is.I have read every Microsoft information base article I can find. I have perused broadcast.microsoft.money and additional usenet groups. I have Googled. I have read blogs. The only business I find is that lots of broadcast have this conundrum with lots of different financial institutions, and Microsoft is responsibility not anything about itIn Money 2004, this worked flawlessly nearly every time. Why did itbreak?!?!!So if you're looking to have Money synchronize with your financial statement online, look somewhere else. But if you're all about putting all in manually, this product will serve you just fine.Buy a copy of Quicken instead!
- Matthew Coble

I've used Money for about four being currently and have become very familiar with it. I don't have many complaints about it and I've just upgraded to the 2007 translation. I aid it mainly to keep track of investments and for those of you who are also inclined, I'd be fond of to share some thoughts about the Routine Report flaws that I've exposed:#1. 1-Year Whole Restore FlawWhatever 1-year income of a particular stock we wish to calculate, Money always uses the initiation appointment a day before than it should be.This is preeminent illustrated by distinguished and mighty we want to calculate the 1-Year Whole Restore for the year to Dec 31, 2006. Strictly speaking, this period should go on starting Jan 1, 2006 to Dec 31, 2006. Though, since the notch fee for Jan 1, 2006 is the dying fee for Dec 31, 2005, the correct dates to aid are Dec 31, 2005 to Dec 31, 2006. Though, for nameless reasons, Money uses the fee at Dec 30, 2005 (rather than Dec 31, 2005) for its initiation dateOne could think that a day's difference will not much affect the routine metric, save for consider this:A not scarce practice is for prices to be updated at the end of every quarter i.e. as at Mar 31, Jun 30, Sep 30 and Dec 31 in line with the popular gauging of investment routine on a weekly footing. In the above develop, since Money cannot find the fee as at Dec 30, 2005, it uses the latest fee available i.e. the one at Sep 30, 2005. Hence for the year to Dec 31, 2006, below the above circumstances, Money calculates the routine starting Sep 30, 2005 to Dec 31, 2006, a period of 15 months instead of one year.At preeminent, Money is a day out in computing 1-year whole income. At worst, where prices are updated weekly (or even half-yearly), the 1-Year Whole Restore routine metric is completely misleading. Although not veteran, this flaw could also extend to the 3-Year Whole Restore metric. The Year to Appointment Whole Restore and All Dates Whole Restore do not seem to be so unnatural.#2. Foreign Stocks and Routine Report Flaw(This flaw is also bestow in Quicken 2007 in case you're wondering)The routine report computes the percentage rank of restore or annualized percentage restore on investment. The method of computation is: "current market regard plus income, minus admittance market regard, divided by admittance market regard" according to Money. Where foreign stocks are concerned, the proper "admittance market regard" should be based on the admittance market fee as water supply as the admittance chat rank. As Money does not save historical chat excise the road that it does historical stock prices, the admittance market regard (as water supply as the current market regard) is computed using the current chat rank.An develop to guage routine for the period Jan 1, 2006 to Dec 31, 2006 will illustrate the conundrum of not maintaining and utilizing historical chat excise to regard admittance market values (pardon the be deficient in of formatting. The data is in five columns):Appointment: Jan 1,06(Real) Dec 31,06(Real) Jan 1,06(Money) Dec 31,06(Money)Amount: 100 100 100 100Price in foreign currency: 8 10 8 10Exchange rank (Note 1): 2.00 1.50 1.50 1.50Value in USD: 1,600 1,500 1,200 1,500Gain/(Loss) in USD: n/a (100) n/a 300Percentage Once a year Restore: n/a (6.25%) n/a 25.00%Note 1: We take upon yourself at this time that the correct notch rank is 2.00 USD to one unit of foreign currency and the dying rank is 1.50. Though, Money uses the constant dying rank as the notch rank.The noteworthy observations to be made are:1. the rank of restore computed by Money (25%) is completely ill-treat as compared with the correct rank (-6.25%).2. the ridiculous circumstances of having at sea money (1,600 at initiation versus 1,500 at end) and yet having Money report a positive restore of 25%! This has come about because although the share fee has increased somewhat (8 at initiation versus 10 at end) which is recognizable by Money, the chat rank has fallen, regard wise, by even more (2.00 at initiation versus 1.50 at end) which is not recognizable by Money.This conundrum is not just a annoy that can be straightforwardly fixed. It shows that the chat rank implementation by Money is fundamentally flawed. It is plainly obvious that in order to calculate routine on foreign stocks, Money has to maintain historical data for both prices as water supply as chat excise.#3. Money Unable to Calculate Once a year Percentage Rank (Now and again)The subtotal for stocks investment category does not trade show a figure for once a year percentage rank (shows "N/A" instead) if there are have fun stocks that are held for more than about 12 being. The have fun stock itself though shows the correct APR.For develop, if a stock bought on Sep 9, 1994 is included in the selection, the APR for stocks secondary-whole shows "N/A". Chat the appointment to Sep 9, 2004 and the APR figure appears.Observations to wongp@pc.jaring.myApr 21, 2007.
- wongp

Having bashed my head hostile to the Microsoft Cash wall in a roundabout way 5 different versions over the last six being, I'd like to urge to all in Amazonland that you *do not* hold this software. From the immeasurable bugs, to the backwards inappropriateness, to the bad consumer support and difficult boundary . . . I authenticate you your time will be best washed-out by Quicken, [...] or Microsoft Outrival to do your finances. This manufactured goods line is, quite simply, crappy. If only I may maybe bill Microsoft for the hundreds of atrophied hours I've washed-out trying to feed in rank into this software, only to productivity hundreds of peculiar charts whose data I don't entrust. Now, for a 2005 tax audit, I've establish that my old .mny file is unloadable in not only the new, but all old versions of the software! It is the capstone to what has universally been a bad encounter. Steer away.
- Brian Carroll "Giving up"


Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe [OLD VERSION]

Microsoft Cash 2007 Lush brings all your confidential fiscal proclamation – banking, confidence and investment – in lone house and provides the tools you call for to boost your confidence and debt and tackle tariff calculate including stretch, so you can dissipate a cut-rate amount of calculate nerve-racking in this vicinity your cash and extra calculate enjoying it.





No comments:

Post a Comment