Saturday, August 23, 2014

TomTom GO 740 Live 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable Live Internet Connected GPS Navigator Recent Reviews



GPS's owned: Garmin StreetPilot III, Garmin 760, Dash Suitable, Navigon 7200T, TomTom GO 730, TomTom GO 740.Outline at the initiation: Currently if I may maybe release cross-breed my Navigon 7200T including the TomTom GO 740.My ahead of schedule and as so far mutual depression is the TomTom GO 740 collectively air force are in this vicinity on par including the first collectively GPS, the Dash Suitable, which came made known a time earlier cycle and thin on the creeper 8-months before long. TomTom does not deposit forward the cleverness to integrate 3rd-have fun applications, which was a fantastic selling top pro the Dash. The 3rd-have fun apps were best than the embedded ones. Anyway, ample in this vicinity Dash, save pro I'm not inane to be competent to get on to dead early the Navigon 7200T.TomTom's collectively quest uses Google, and comes made known of the amount including all the ordinary TomTom GO run facial appearance. I be fond of the road they've implemented the chatter fee sight as it doesn't break down you to peek owing to an full catalog, save pro just shows the cheapest by the feature of your hurl. You can still get on to a catalog if you aspire it. It's lone of persons, "a cut-rate amount of-is-more" equipment. It is a crumb gradual as downloading the facts, so if you're in a hassled situation, it force be frustrating.TomTom's autozoom (it was this road in my TomTom GO 730, excessively), bugs me to no aim. Even at 70mph, it zooms excessively close to be helpful, displaying release in this vicinity a little's value of the path so far to be, and modest detail (e.g. imminent roads) even as in a hurl. Disabling autozoom and zooming made known just a modest concluded eliminates all detail: It is bemused, apart early pro the path you're roving. The Navigon displays up to 3 outline of path so far to be at including the intention of alacrity, and provides a reasonable amount of detail lacking life muddled.As of this ahead of schedule prose, I've so far to ordeal the conveying air force as I do not be in this world effectively a major city, even though gray conveying is not top bolt from the blue to persons areas!Except you must be inflicted including a collectively GPS, go including the Navigon 7200T. Besides life $150 cheaper at this prose, it has emancipated conveying pro life and the autozoom is best. TT's IQ Routing is best than Navigon's routing, save pro not by greatly. road-assist is best on the Navigon, donation lane in rank in complicated throughway interchanges even if you're staying on the constant throughway; the TomTom offers lane assist release if you're changing interstates.Here were no issues including brightness of the GO 740's sight, early brilliant calculate to moonless night, and the adjustment array must be ample pro any pouring affect up.I actually fancy I may maybe just erect my confess GPS, or including the intention of Navigon would occur made known including a collectively GPS built on the 7200T.Finally, if you reflect this speech depiction doesn't match a 4-star rating, grasp including the intention of I am leave-compelling made known greatly of what owing to TomTom a risk to Garmin. TomTom has a allocation of equipment aptly and credentials release be regurgitating all the clear equipment you may maybe look into on the GO730 and GO720 reviews.
- Rob B "Rob B"

I have used multiple generations of the TomTom, and I have been a fan for a while. TomTom has always had the best user interface, but the rubber meets the road on in rank and map accuracy, and here the new GO 740 Live shows solid improvement.I guide in the Washington DC area, and occassionally commute up I-95 to New York and Long Island. In additional terms, it's conveying, conveying the world over.I depend on the TomTom GO 740 Live. The conveying updates are normal, and almost always match what I am seeing in the real world. And IQ Routes are visibly having a positive impression on send selection. IQ Routes is the feature than secretly gathers real pouring experiences from all TomTom users and then factors that description into its send computation. I infer it facility best in metro areas where there are many users.Why this matters: Anyone who drives north out of DC knows that 16th Road is much, much best than Georgia Ave. They both grow as normal city streets, and though Georgia appears more preside over, it has more untimed lights and more local conveying. Before IQ Routes, TomTom would suggest Georgia, and I would snub it. Now, TomTom suggests 16th. With IQ Routes, TomTom is gathering the encounter that only local drivers have.With following-guessing TomTom for a few months, and ordinarily being ill-treat, I now let it reluctantly send around conveying. Between the conveying intelligence and the IQ routes, I am being paid the right routes and very true estimates of arrival era.My previous TomTom was the 930, which reached its conveying service through a bluetooth tie to my phone. The tie was blistering (I blame Verizon, not TomTom.) and did not work if I was on a call. The new LIVE run has it's own cell circuitry built in. I stopped paying $15/month to Verizon for "broadband door join", and I will gladly pay $10/month to TomTom for the LIVE air force, which contain conveying, fuel prices, speed cameras, Google searches, etc.Closing note: In addendum to the LIVE air force, I subscribe to TomTom's map update service, and I dock the unit to my PC regularly to download map corrections. I depend on my GPS, so these update air force are a positive feature for me, and my review assumes use of all these air force.
- David Goodhand

I was initially impressed with this GPS, coming from a Dell Axim w/GPS adapter & software, then a Garmin 680. After almost 6 months of actual usage I've tempered my enthusiasm. The "Voice Command" feature sounded great, but it requires you to press an on-screen icon every time you want to use it. It actually does respond fairly well to my voice without any 'culture' procedure. It has around 130 built-in commands, but there's no way to print them out, so that you can actually learn them. They do give you a printed 'cheat sheet' with a little over 30 commands, but why not a pdf with all commands? You can review all the commands on the GPS, but can't print them. The GPS also interferes with itself when using the voice command feature. If it is giving you an update, it cancels what ever you had down with the voice feature, requiring numerous restarts. Obviously the commands that it is given must be given priority, but it would be nice to be capable to continue from where it interrupted you.Getting updates has been a recent challenge, the last was numerous weeks ago, which required a complete re-installation of the software, which left approximately missing icons, requiring visits to the Google to find answers.When my 'emancipated' Live air force subscription feature expired, I signed up for the $9.95 monthly, which I just unfortunately found out doesn't can't be automatically renewed each month, which resulted in my subscription to expire, which went unnoticed until I no longer was getting traffic updates. I'm currently awaiting support to figure out how I can renew, since TomTom Home keeps coming up with an error message when I try to renew the 'Live Air force."Have also had frequent spontaneous 'reboots' while driving, which so far has happened in non critical driving situations.One highlight is the Itinerary feature, but only if you use a third party software called 'Tyre', which utilizes 'Google Maps' or 'Google Earth' to make up or load various itineraries.Not thrilled with the maps. There are approximately major revisions to area Interstates that have not been addressed which have changed exits from one side of the road to the other, which could be a serious problem for those not familiar with the change. You supposedly can provide updates for situations like these, which I have done, but I have yet to see anything clear occur from them.The Menu system is awkward. I reconcile that there are approximately 3rd party ways to rearrange approximately Tomtom menus, but I couldn't find anything specific for the 740.Of course, I am sure that there are approximately clear features, but nothing worth the cost of upgrade.
- Bob S

TomTom GO 740 4.3-Inch Live Connected GPS NavigatorGPS Experience:- Smartphone: TomTom Send-finder 6 (in-use), Garmin XT, Copilot Live 6, Telenav (in-use)- Dyed-in-the-wool: Garmin Nuvi 885T (in-use)I had resisted buying dyed-in-the-wool GPS units while the buzz apps (while buggy) generally had best transfer and online quest capability for what I sought after to use. So I was reasonably excited when the TomTom Live units were announced.Sorry to say the first impression is not that splendid. After having used TomTom Navigator6 with the transfer subscription for the last year or so, I've found their transfer data to be generally dependable (Telenav and Navigator6 seem to influence reasonably often on the amount of congestion and how to dodge). Not so the 740 Live. For example, in the San Jose CA area everywhere I live there's a stretch of Hwy85 that *everlastingly* backs up one way in the daylight and the other way in the day for several miles. You can reasonably plainly see this on MSN, Google, Sigalert, Navigator6, Telenav, ... but as far as the 740Live is concerned there's no transfer. While there are some transfer incidents in the area reported, I'd say I'm generally gone almost 1/2 of the incidents on the surrounding freeways. I've taken simultaneous cinema of my buzz and the 740Live and sent these to TomTom for comment.I concluded a 4hr drive and ran both the 740Live and Navigator6 on auto-forestalling. Luckily I was pouring in the car pool lane, so I didn't have to take the detours existing, even if Navigator6 seemed to have the more evenhanded suggestions for when to place the freeway and take surface streets. Over again, this seems to be correlated to the Navigator6 software generally reporting more transfer from what I could tell.Also while pouring tonight (first trip of more than 15mins), the apparatus all of a sudden rebooted itself. While potentially somewhat of an annoyance, this was downright shifty the way it happened as it was dark outside and I was in nocturnal pouring mode - during reboot the contrivance flashed to full brightness for at nominal amount 15secs pretty much blinding me.Anyhow, I soothe find the TomTom UI the best thought out and the 740Live doesn't disappoint here. I'm sure the problems I'm having are teething issues - even if, if you want a rock levelheaded experience and want to rely on the transfer benefit ... I'd wait.
- Nicholas Baker

If I were just going to review this GPS, it would receive a 5-star review.I received this element approximately 10-days before the date of this review. The features are great. It finds the satellites quickly, calculates routes quickly and, should you go off track, recalcutes the course VERY quickly. The Advanced road map makes complex and perplexing road tranfers easy and prudent. Thanks to the built-in Google Search map, there are virtually boundless Points of Interest (although I would recommend not using that map while driving).As an model of how reliable this element is, I just had to drive to a location that is approximately 2-hours from my home. This GPS knew that the exit I usually pocket was closed due to construction. Instead, it detoured me almost the closed exit and got me to my destination including single a minimal loss of time.If I be inflicted including any quibbles including the element, it is that the computer generated voice does not permanently pronounce road or streets names plainly. If you use the Human Voice map, it is clearer; however you lose some voice features. Also, I found that the Voice Command map is unreliable.This element will serve as a bluetooth including most cell phones. It associated into my Blackberry 8330 straightforwardly. I be inflicted including not extensively used the bluetooth features and cannot note about them yet.The element comes including software to aid facilitate the loads of updates that are void, as water supply as certain other functions. The software installed on in cooperation my Mac and PC without incident. The element links into the software through the use of a docking station. On in cooperation the Mac and PC it associated in and simplified without any harms.That is the Pro.......now the ConA couple of days after I received the element, I installed the software and did my at the start update. Daily updates include map corrections, gas prices, satellite positions, etc. You receive these features, as water supply as other live features (such as traffic and Google Search) free of charge for the at the start 3-months. After that, the annual cost is about $160. I knew about this when I bought the element. However, the maps are completely simplified once each split up.When I did my at the start update, it told me that my map was out-of-date. I had a 1st split up map installed. But the newest map was the 3rd split up map. it was then that I cultured 3-things.1. You cannot update from 1st split up to 3rd split up without at the start installing 2nd split up.2. Flush though I had just purchased this element, I was charged $11.95 for the 2nd split up.3. Subsequent map updates would be an additional $60 a year.While these facts are not enormous, it would be inflicted including been kind if they had mentioned this up plainly. Also, why nickle-and-dime me on the 2nd split up update when you are trying to get me to subscibe to now over $200 worth of service?I paid the $75 for the update and map subscription. However, after doing so, I noticed that the traffic map just stopped effective and was telling me that I did not be inflicted including a subscription to it.I called consumer service right away and it took me over 1-hour before I got a expressive on the buzz. To say that this expressive was clueless would be an understatement. I work in equipment and flush write books on the subject. This person's single answer seemed to be that the element was kaput and would be inflicted including to be returned for repairs. I questioned this considering that it happened after I did their map update. I finally asked for a supervisor. The person I was connected including had to be inflicted including been one of the nastiest people I be inflicted including spoken to in a long time, and acted be fond of she was doing me a favor by gracing me including her voice. After a while I hung up.I called in trade the next day and got through to a different expressive. This person was a bit more technically savvy and tried a number of different fixes. However, he as persuaded that it was the element. I modest asking if there was a way we could rollback the map updates. He modest saying no. But, after near 90 summary, he sounded annoyed including me and suddenly discovered a way we could rollback the map updates. The process took approximately 30 summary. As soon as I rolled in trade, to everyone's bolt from the blue but me, the traffic map came bustling and worked fair. Bottomline, I washed-out near 3 hours on the buzz diagnosing THEIR buggy update.After they had to admit that the problem was on their side they announced that a bug report would need to be sent to Amsterdam for research. We should be inflicted including a fix in approximately (ready for this?) - 5-weeks.So, for the next 5-weeks, despite my paying for the service, I will be without some of it. Of course, they told me that they don't usually give a credit for such a problem. Single if there is a service outage of some rank.Great element.....the most terrible consumer service I be inflicted including seen in a long time.Update One Month Shortly:The traffic map problem I talked about above was a problem related to their update software. Apparently it was not installing the map software properly. I found this out from a Tomtom addict's group, NOT from any technical support from Tomtom. As a matter of fact, after I simplified the software, uninstalled the map on the element, and reinstalled it (and established that all was effective properly), I called Tomtom's technical support to let them know. They seemed completely in the dark about this problem. I find this most difficult to believe considering that this addict's group had a number of people including just so the same problem.Bottom line: It is a skilled element and does its job as advertised, but if you be inflicted including a problem be prepared to get aid from addict groups and not from Tomtom support.
- Charles E. Brown "Charles E. Brown"

I have a *ton* of consumer electronics, and I actually explore the facial appearance of what I have, so you can suppose that I've had more than my fair share of interactions with consumer benefit and technological help departments of consumer electronics companies. I have to say that TomTom wins, by a substantial margin, as the least competent, most infuriating consumer benefit I've ever experienced person, and to this day I do not have a effective GO 740 LIVE.I'll first note that this is their flagship manufactured goods, at least surrounded by the U.S.I at the start purchased my GO 740 LIVE in June 2009. For numerous months it was effective positively well, EXCEPT it would quite often spontaneously reboot while navigating. Of way, this is quite grating in itself, but it's above all grating since once the unit reboots it goes to a cover where you have to click a pin to agree to fastidious terms of use. So if you're pouring and it spontaneously reboots, you have to reach over a press a pin on the cover while pouring if you want to take up again the steering. This is unsafe.I spoke with tech help numerous times about this issue and they denied ever having heard of such a thing experience with the GO 740 LIVE. They not compulsory numerous fixes, none of which worked. Yet a rapid Google quest reveals dozens of other broadcast exposure this very conundrum.So after numerous months I unbendable to send the unit in for warranty benefit. Big mix. They do not offer a cross-consignment option! That is, you have to send in your unit and wait for them to fix it before to they'll send you a substitution. This is frustrating, but what is actually horrendous is that I have done this administer FOUR times now and still don't have a effective unit!The substitution I got was a refurb. Right after powering it up I noticed that it wouldn't join to LIVE air force. Note that I'm in a coverage area, and moreover read-owing to the Arrangement settings showed that I had a data tie. Still, I would get an "Powerless to join to ma?tre d'h?tel" error when I tried to door *any* LIVE benefit.So I sent back, and this time was sent a brand new unit to exchange it. Same issue! And this administer continual twice more. That is, I have had a total of FOUR warranty replacements, the first a refurb, and the next three brand new units, and they all have the same conundrum. They austerely won't join to LIVE air force.I'll add that this isn't just a conundrum in my area (Philadelphia), as I took one of the replacements to Boston at one point and it still didn't work.TomTom consumer benefit has no description. Well, one superintendent I spoke with at one point claimed that there's a rife conundrum, but he refused to give reasons for whether it was hardware correlated, or a conundrum on the ma?tre d'h?tel-end. In any case, they seem make happy to keep on carriage me warranty replacements that don't work until I die, or give up.Just for kicks, I went to a BestBuy in Philadelphia today and purchased a brand new 740 LIVE -- sure ample, same conundrum! It wouldn't join to LIVE air force. So that's FIVE units with the same issue.Plainly there's a great conundrum here.BUYER BEWARE!
- David Gordon

I admit this is a assess of the TomTom 740, keep pro I sought after to in tears on the be in this planet air force in check over of the fact including the intention of in my attitude, you are better bitter being compensated a uncommon TomTom lacking the be in this planet air force capability. The be in this planet air force are not all including the intention of terrible, keep pro I only would not bombard out no matter what business pro them.Including by this pro a month, at this calculate are approximately of the harms I be inflicted including had:- Conveying - As including most conveying air force, the conveying is abstractedly delayed. It is kind including the intention of TomTom tries to hurl you almost conveying, even if numerous era it has routed me almost conveying delays including the intention of twisted made known to be non extant and numerous era it has principal me into areas including the intention of aver to be inflicted including no conveying delays, keep pro were in detail greatly of poorer quality than the uncommon. As a consequence, I soothe pocket annotation to the conveying touchtone phone logic and get on to my decisions in check over of including the intention of.- Google quest - Approximately of the POI be inflicted including names including the intention of can be harder to quest pro, keep pro you can everlastingly discover them including the Google quest conspire. The conundrum is including the intention of the locations pro the POI including the intention of recommend itself early Google are not only so assess. They are maybe release bitter by a tear up mile, keep pro numerous era this tear up mile has been essential. Approximately calculate ago, it told me to get on to bitter the ill-treat exit and I was blocked dependability a U-curve on a unavailable path in check over of the fact including the intention of the chatter rank was in detail on the additional feature of the highway. Numerous additional era, the POI was accurate to an intersection and TomTom told me the POI was on the ill-treat road. It is kind to discover the POI, keep pro it stinks as it release gets you accurate and you call for to dissipate 5 outline incisive.- Chatter Prices - Chatter prices be inflicted including been better than probable. Release approximately calculate ago did it top me to an outdated fee. It is straightforward to aid and splendid pro schooling stops by the feature of your trips.- Ride out - This is sweet a dissipate of time. It tellls you forecasted highs, keep pro not anything excessively important. What would be kind would be to be inflicted including a RADAR shot so including the intention of you can reflect it over if the drizzle you are pouring into will move quietly away, or if the most terrible is soothe to recommend itself.
- D. Burnham

The Go 740 Be in this planet may possibly be a extremely skilled manufactured goods except it is produced by a company that does not vex in this area their customers. Mine stopped connecting to the Be in this planet benefit so they had me hurl it in and then sent me a refurbished replacement which is a extremely poor practice. Their defense is the warranty says they can hurl a refurbished unit as a replacement for a new unit.They simplified the application software which caused the 740 to stop effective including the PC online emulator in their Family software. That happened over a month ago and they soothe do not be inflicted including it fixed. That application also made the 740 stop importing the phone book from my cell phone. It worked in the before version of the application.I was trying to use the mapping software to travel to Des Moines, IA and they don't actually be inflicted including Des Moines on their map. It always says Des Moines including a name in parenthesis in the rear it which is an genuine town in Iowa, i.e. Des Moines(Batavia#, East Des Moines#Oskaloosa#, West Des Moines#Oskaloosa#. If you try to use one of those destinations in takes you to the town programmed in parenthesis not Des Moines. Some are 90 to 100 miles from Des Moines. It makes the mapping software for that destination worthless. I was told by their support that was normal for large cities. Not in any additional mapping software I be inflicted including used is that normal.The be inflicted including map share which can be used to change the map to what it should be. I tried to add a street which has been commence over 2 being. The change did not appear on map share so I asked why and was told it has to be verified by their mapping company #which they own) and can not be released until a major map release is made. The new street is extremely apparent on Google Earth as a bright colorless street. Not to trying to verify it is there.I DO NOT recommend this manufactured goods!
- Ted "Ted"

Previously owned GPS': Garmin (nearly all series), Mio 520, TomTom XL, DASH Express, TeleNav ShotGun.Current GPS: Garmin 880 with lifetime MSN services, Garmin 760Pros:- Extra flexibility and customization than Garmin and DASH.- Skilled strong number (better than any GPS so far)- Finally, a powered support early TomTom!- Lane Assist is OK- Google Quest produced skilled results with the intention of were up-to-appointment- Skilled routing engine- Be fond of the Chatter prices on Route figure. Garmin 880 doesn't do this.Cons:- Were's the "Send to Car" Function???- The spectacle (be fond of all TomToms) is dim with poor contrast (feature by feature with Garmin in the sun and the Garmin units blow it away)- Getting results early Google seemed much slower than I dredge up early the DASH/Yahoo combination- Traffic not as skilled as Garmin MSN. On a relate of occasions in construction zones with bring to a standstill and go traffic, the TomTom did not come forth a traffic delay and the Garmin did. The warnings also appeared sooner on the Garmin than the TomTom.- Chatter prices on Garmin were extra true and the Garmin units tell you how loads of days ancient the data is- Has a bug were the spectacle goes completely dim pro a relate of minutes save pro at that time returns to normal- Relate of era it indicated the connected services were not void in areas were I be inflicted with had skilled coverage previous to. Needed to potential sequence the element to get the services to bring about- Garmin MSN and DASH be inflicted with extra connected services- Garmin has a diffident you strap onto your steering wheel to activate or cancel the voice recognition. With TomTom you be inflicted with to look at the spectacle and in tears an icon. What's the top in with the intention of? Plus, the TomTom VR is appalling and is release assess in this vicinity 25%. Garmin is at in this vicinity 75% and has extra flexibility.- I CAN'T believe TomTom STILL DOES NOT tell you what feature of the street the destination is. How lame! I was looking pro pile and the TomTom announced I had at home at the destination, save pro there were malls on in cooperation sides of the street. Not extremely helpful.Verdict: Not enough regard so far in the monthly subscription. Also, the operational bugs need to be fixed. Returned pro refund.BTW, the TeleNav ShotGun is garbage - don't disturb.I'm still coming up pro a compelling connected GPS key. Or, perhaps it will be an Apple iPhone
- JDN

GPS experience: TomTom GO 920 Portable GPS Vehicle Navigator, Magellan RoadMate 1220 3.5-Creep Portable GPS NavigatorBOTTOM LINE: Navigation is predictable TT and exceptional. The Be in this planet Air force with the intention of set this apart early the other TT models is kind, but not value the fee. Cash would be better washed-out on a additional TT develop (see not extra than for recommendations).Navigation: 4.5 of 5 starsLive Air force: 3 of 5 starsOther facial appearance/benefit: 2 of 5 starsOverall: 3 of 5 starsOUT OF BOX EXPERIENCE- The element does not connect management to a potential source. You any put it in a help to connect to the notebook or use the mount to connect to the car mount. Not ideal...I look after to payment in the car as not in use and I remove it early the mount and put it in the console, which is difficult to do with the mount.- Indigent citations. As lingering as you connect it up to your notebook, you will be fair.-/+ I had to initiation a new tab on TT Family or I would "drop" my 920. I be inflicted with to care for 2 accounts--one for all element.+/- Slow early tie to satellites--I had to pocket it further than for 5+ outline. All later relations be inflicted with been very at approximately calculate ago (couple of seconds)MAP UPDATES+ TT's map minor change sharing. It is straightforward to get on to the corrections on the element and you can top out to impart the bring up to date or not. You also can top out not to allocate map sharing updates.-/+ TT guarantees with the intention of you can download the latest map approximately calculate ago in the at the initiation 30 living you be inflicted with your GPS. As I logged in, my map was up-to-appointment, but as I clicked on maps, it told me my map was 1 split up old and I may possibly pay $11.40 to bring up to date to the latest one and at that calculate buy the bring up to date benefit for $47.80 in addendum to the bring up to date fee.-A lifetime map benefit (one-calculate fee) be fond of Garmin is not void, but would be kind.NAVIGATION+ TT has IQ routing to get you here on the quickest route. If you encounter a slow-down, the TT will assess alternatives and let you know if you are still on the utmost route--it tells you your new arrival calculate and "you are still on the utmost route."+ The arrival calculate assess is almost everlastingly dash-on. My Magellan is ordinarily off by a few outline and keeps moving up to the contemporary calculate as I am still a few blocks gone.+/- To activate accent recollection you be inflicted with to click the "button" on the screen to activate it. The diffident does not bring about to select this button (diffident is an belt with the intention of I by now be inflicted with early the 920). The accent recollection has not had a conundrum recognizing my orders or addresses in the spoken pocket up option.+/- Spoken street names are kind, but now and again they signal odd. San Francisco sounds be fond of san-fran-cees-sca. My low-end Magellan has greatly better street pronunciation.LIVE SERVICES+ (1) The transfer bar is located on the aptly side of the screen and shows your progress along your route. As you tap the bar, it will yield you a menu and allocate you to preview at the transfer all along your route. It also doesn't tab for "habitual" transfer, so if a particular road is everlastingly slow at a particular calculate of day, it calculates with the intention of calculate into your route and doesn't tell you here are delays. I've used it a couple of era and it was correct. It gave me the delay and it was correct. I be inflicted with a short commute (7 miles & only 1 freeway mile on US 101 S in Sunnyvale), so with the intention of makes it a bit easier for the calculations.*Void as a TT Clear benefit (download through TT Family or through bluetooth/facts enable buzz--fees early your source) or you can purchase a TomTom USB RDS-TMC Transfer Receiver for all TomTom GPS Except Go 740 and pay an approximately calculate ago a time fee of $60 (on other TT models).+ (2) I don't actually use the fuel prices on a regular foothold. I everlastingly stop at the consistently cheapest station in the area. It would be better served if I traveled longer distances or used it in an unfamiliar area.*Void for a fee as a TT Clear benefit (bluetooth/facts enabled buzz vital--fees early your source + 19.95 approximately calculate ago a time fee early TT).+ (3) Google quest is splendid as you are looking for an pocket up for a affair you are inane to--no need to by now be inflicted with the pocket up.*Not void as a benefit further than of Be in this planet.+/- (4) Yahoo ride out. I be inflicted with used it a couple of era and it was not in sync with yahoo ride out online. It was off by 3 degrees for the day's distinguished. Sardonically, I was looking up Sunnyvale, CA everywhere Yahoo is located (I bring about down the street).*Void emancipated as a TT Clear benefit (bluetooth/facts enabled buzz vital).+/- (5) TT Buddies seems to be the most futile to me. You can connect with other TT owners, but I am not guaranteed why you would aspire to do this except you are all caravanning together wherever. Possibly good for RVers?*Void emancipated as a TT Clear benefit (bluetooth/facts enabled buzz vital).ISSUES- The 740 does not connect to an ipod flush even if it has a menu option for ipod control. As you click on it, it asks for you to connect your ipod, but here is no corporal way to do this. I contacted TT consumer benefit in this area this and expected a canned rejoinder stating fussy instructions on how to connect the ipod to the 740 were on the website. The tell took me to a house with no notation on the 740. I also asked why here was a menu option if it isn't void--no rejoinder with the intention of inquiry at all. Very disappointed in consumer benefit--the nature obviously did not in detail look into my inquiry. *Bring up to date* Benefit rejoinder: "The GO 740 LIVE is competent to use the iPod connect cable approximately calculate ago you be inflicted with the mount for this figure. This mount is competent to be purchased through Ram-Mounts." I looked at the Ram-Mounts site and may possibly not discover one for the 740 Be in this planet as of 7/27/09.- My part buzz may possibly not connect with GPS. I've connected it to the 920 without a conundrum, but couldn't get it to bring about--I be inflicted with a Motorola RAZR v3, which is very run of the mill and on the compatibility catalog, so it must bring about, but the GPS by no means found the buzz. I tried my husband's buzz and it also failed to connect. It was competent to connect to my notebook and transfer records, so the Bluetooth works, but with approximately glitches.OVERALLTT as a navigation device is top-cut. Straightforward to pause on information, straightforward to assess alternatives (undeviating, quickest, dodge roads), instant route recalculation if you fail to attend a curve/road, ability to customize, map sharing, and extra.What sets this translation apart early the other TTs is the addendum of the integrated Be in this planet air force. The air force are kind, but the $9.95/mo fee is extra than I would pay.I'm sticking with my TT 920 as my favorite. It has all the facial appearance I need and extra (the the boards audiobooks early audible, accepts ipod input, the the boards mp3s on the element, has an FM transmitter to use the car stereo as a lecturer, diffident built-in). The 740 is just missing a few of the extras I be fond of. The basic navigation is exceptional, but...For the constant not compulsory fee (but possibly flush cheaper as is now pocket annotation on Amazon) as the 740 Be in this planet, the TomTom GO 930 4.3-Creep Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator (upgrade to 920) has all and extra without the Be in this planet air force. For an superfluous $50 you get the transfer transmitter with the intention of gives you transfer updates for go without any monthly fees. You can almost imitate the 740 Be in this planet with a lot of extras by by the TT Clear air force.RECOMMENDED FOR: A name who doesn't be inflicted with a facts-enabled part buzz and desires transfer and ride out updatesALTERNATE RECOMMENDATION: TomTom GO 930 4.3-Creep Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator or TomTom GO 930T 4.3-Creep Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Transfer Receiver
- Laura B


TomTom GO 740 Live 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable Live Internet Connected GPS Navigator

TomTom GO 740 LIVE is steering and the Genuine-calculate in rank saves calculate, cash, and stress. GO LIVE reluctantly accesses conveying feeds, simplified fuel prices, Community Quest powered by Google, Ride out, and Followers. Genuine-calculate air force bring about aptly made known of the amount by road of a built-in wireless facts relation.





No comments:

Post a Comment